Friday, July 22, 2011

Santa Fe


We spent Thursday in Santa Fe and walked around downtown where everything started to look the same after awhile. It was a little too artsy fartsy for these two country bumpkins. James bought a fajita from a "pink" cart vendor in the square. I wasn't that brave and decided to eat later. He said it was good and is still alive so guess my fears were unfounded. Visited the oldest house in the US and San Miguel, the oldest church structure in the US both built in the early 1600's. It was interesting.

Rode around on the motorcycle for a while then headed back to the campground. Took a walk in the cool evening air and saw a rainbow when we got to the top of the hill. Of course I did not have the camera on me so now I have to keep it on me at all times-you never know what you are going to see. I'm ready to head farther north where the scenery is greener. Not very many tall trees here and different kinds of pine trees than what we are used to seeing. It is pretty in it's own way. There is also dirt-everywhere. Those of you who know me well know that I do not like dirt or to be dirty so this is a stretch for me. I'll survive. James is loving it. He doesn't care as long as he can be outside. I will have to say that the weather is nice. 80's during the day and high 50's/60's at night. There has been rain off and on since we arrived but we are enjoying that. Almost forgot what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment